Norcan's High Level of Expertise and Experience Results in Solutions with a Focus on Higher Efficiencies and Reliability.
Norcan’s engineering team excels in standardized or customized solutions for all types of projects. The solutions are designed to deliver many decades of dependable operations and maximized revenue for our customers.
Norcan’s design data for highly stressed hydraulic surfaces is transferred to the CNC processing machines via CAM programs. Norcan’s modern hydraulic components are optimized for maximum efficiency through in-house Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
For turbine, or runner project modernization, Norcan captures all of our customer’s existing turbines and generators data by using 3D laser measuring technology (Leica and Faro), ensuring that every minute detail is captured.
Norcan uses proprietary software tools to facilitate automated shape generation and simulation. We have developed in-house software to construct a digital twin of a turbine in a virtual environment, any turbine configuration can be constructed and simulated for a physical response.
Norcan has also developed a unique code to advance the generation of turbine blade CAD, improving the accuracy, flexibility, and sensitivity of blade parameters.
Norcan's Engineering Core of Competencies
- Design selection
- Robust knowledge system created by the lesson learned from previous projects
- Complete power plant definition, simulations, and analysis
- Latest softwares
- FEA, FMEA, and CFD analysis
- CAD to CNC processing machines via CAM programs
- Casting, forging, weldment, machined part model to draw
- Generator definition
- eBOP, control, protection, switchgear, substation, and digitalization system
- Direct drive solution definition with PMG, and conventional generator
- Gearbox definition
- Unique proven problem solving abilities for complex project issues
- Strong multidisciplinary engineering expertise (hydraulic, and mechanical)
- Design, including civil construction optimizing that leads to increased annual energy production
- Innate concepts, visions, and ideas for greenfield, or brownfield projects
- Mechanical and hydraulic balance of plant definition