For over 30 years, Norcan has been resolving issues for our clients. We do this by listening to our clients. This leads to a better understanding of the issues they are facing. Which in turn creates well thought out engineered solutions. Whether it is an inspection, part replacement, reverse engineering, upgrades, or modernizations, Norcan listens. Another benefit to working with Norcan, is that we are based in Ontario, Canada. This means that we can mobilize quickly to deal with any emergency repairs in North America. Any needed replacement parts can be swiftly made by our manufacturing department. No long wait times for an overseas part, or overseas field services team to be deployed to site.
Norcan can prevent failures from happening. Our inspection team can go to site and perform an exhaustive assessment of a turbine and its components. Norcan’s inspection team will then recommend the correct steps to protect your assets. Thus, ensuring that your plant will not experience a costly failure that could have been avoided. Norcan’s inspection process helps station owners with strategic decisions to extend the life of their assets.
Need a part replaced but don’t have the drawings? Not a problem. Norcan’s Engineering department has the right equipment and the expertise to reverse engineer a part. Our manufacturing department can make it. And our field services department can install it.
All work is done as per our ISO-9001 Quality Management System.
Norcan Can Do This & So Much More
- Turbine and runners: repair and restoration of hydraulic balance of plant
- Reverse engineering
- Cavitation damage repair
- Discharge ring and draft tube liner
- Emergency services
- Gates and bushings
- Generator service, maintenance, components, pole refurbishments, rotor rim re-shrink, stator rewind with our partner
- Grout and light concrete
- Stay vanes replacements and extensions
- Turbine shafts
- Manufacturing and field services located in North America
- Field machining
- Testing services: generator testing, vibration analysis, efficiency testing and machine performance, shafting-rotating mass analysis, and balancing in-house.
- Unit alignment
- Turnkey modernization
- Complete Barber repair capabilities