Elliot Falls, Ontario.
This site has gone through many changes. It was first built in 1904 in order to power a cement company. The cement company went out of business, but the power station continued to provide power to the local area until 1928. Over the years, there were various attempts to bring the station back into operation. None of the attempts were successful. That is until 1989 when the site was back in operations. Since its reopening, there was a redevelopment project for which Norcan delivered two new Kaplan axial flow Saxo 59 in., 1500 mm diameter, 400 kW turbines. With a total installed capacity of 800 kW. Norcan’s scope of work included engineering, project management, manufacturing of the turbines, supply of the generators, installation, and commissioning. Norcan provides innovative turbine solutions.