Machinist C – Apprentice
Location: Carleton Place Ontario
Under full supervision, performs the duties listed below with complete competence.
Typical Duties (including but not limited to):
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan the best sequence of operations;
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out workpieces;
- Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled CNC tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding, and other operations;
- Fit and assemble machined metal/composite parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools;
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments;
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
- Highly motivated; productive within a team environment;
- Excellent listening and analytical skills, with keen attention to detail;
- Proven problem-solving abilities;
- Takes an organized and enthusiastic approach to work;
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment;
- Aptitude for following detailed, step-by-step instructions and management direction;
- Willingness to grow with the position as the role evolves;
- Ability to lift and transport large, moderately heavy equipment;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings;
- Bilingual, English/French (Asset).
Call NORCAN Tel: +1 (613) 257 4755 to speak to Human Services